Re: BRINKS HOME SECURITY MAY HAVE DIRECT TIES WITH MADOFF

"mleuck" <m.leuck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Jul 8, 6:35 pm, Jim Rojas <jro...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> alarman wrote:
> > Crash Gordon wrote:
> >> Hey...saw the "new" Brinks commercial last night...Broadway or
> >> whatever they're calling themselves now.
>
> > Yeah, the one where she closes the door, bad guy kicks it in, alarm
> > sounds,
> > C/S calls all within 10 seconds. That one?
>
> Yeah...those sleezy TV commercials basically violates the intention of
> CP-01, but Brinks/Broadview/Whatever exist in their own little world
> where rules don't apply to them.
>
> Jim Rojas

Hogwash, the only reason everyone is down on these commercials is
because they are from big bad Brinks. Anybody else doing the same type
of advertising wouldn't have been commented on at all or be
complimented on for the great production values.

The fact is they show the mechanics of an alarm and dispatch, it is
neither sleezy or deceptive.

I disagree... They (and the other majors) imply that their $49/$99 special
will provide adequate protection for the average sized home (I know it will,
if they guy comes in the front door or back door)... Now that's deceptive...
I can't count how many times people have implied that my higher bid seemed a
little out of line when compared to the ADT or Brinks (AKA Broadview) bid.
When I point out that my bid includes more equipment and better coverage, I
get the "Deer into the head lights look". The large competitors have also
been known to imply (not in their commercials, but by their SLEAZY Sales
reps) that all of the local guys/gals have to use one of their centrals for
monitoring. I can counter that claim, because Monitoring America printed up
some nice brochures with my company name on it, that usually ends the "Who
monitors my alarms" debate started by the competing sales rep... Then I get
the Smart Ass that will bring up how much better ADT's monitoring is because
they have 5 CS locations (this is usually done by a Ding Dong ADT Dealer).
My response "I would have 5 also, if I had 7,000,000 customers throughout
the U.S." I then go on with a little correction, " I believe it's now 4, you
know, a little corporate down sizing".... mleuck, please don't make these
big boys out to be really concerned about someone's security, because in my
opinion they're not. If they were, they wouldn't sell the SHIT that they
shovel every day on the boob tube.........