Re: A Crying Shame

"Roger W" <allucan8@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:06a074c7-f168-4a1d-9fa5-faacab27a1b3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Jul 10, 8:52 pm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jul 10, 6:57 pm, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Roger W wrote:
> > >Yes, I know but what I would like to know is what has she *DONE* to
> > >anyone to deserve this abuse
>
> > The better question is: "what has she *DONE*, achievement-wise to even
> > be
> > considered for the second highest office in the land?". She's not even a
> > one-term Governor.
>
> Being Mayor and Govenor are more than Obama's done, he wasn't even a
> one-term Senator

You are right. I agree. But Obama is not the issue. I have been
watching this crap for months and I still haven't heard or seen
anything credible about something harmful that she has done to deserve
the abuse to her and her family. I challenge the small minded haters
to answer my question.

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090711/COLUMNIST14/907110341/-1/NEWS02

by Jack Kelly

[Read it. It is all true.]

WHAT do Janet Napolitano, Kathleen Sebelius, and Jon Huntsman have in
common? All were governors who resigned this year to pursue other
opportunities, and did so without a peep of criticism from journalists
or their fellow pols for "quitting" on the peoples of Arizona, Kansas,
and Utah, respectively.

I write not to belabor the news media's double standards with regard
to Democrats and Republicans, or between other politicians and Sarah
Palin. I want to highlight an observation made by Princeton Professor
Angelo Codevilla:

"The distinctions between Republicans and Democrats, liberals and
conservatives, are being overshadowed by that between what we might
call the 'Court Party,' made up of the well-connected who see
themselves as potters of the great American clay, and the 'Country
Party,' the many more who are tired of being treated as clay," Mr.
Codevilla wrote in National Review Online.

Ms. Napolitano, Ms. Sebelius, and Mr. Huntsman weren't criticized for
resigning to pursue other opportunities because the other
opportunities they're pursuing are in government - as secretary of
homeland security, secretary of health and human services, and
ambassador to China, respectively.

In the Court Party, the only thing more important than holding public
office is seeking a higher one. Barack Obama in effect quit his day
job as a U.S. senator (while still drawing his paycheck) for two years
in order to seek the presidency. Mr. Obama drew little criticism for
this, mostly because what he did was so commonplace. Sens. Hillary
Clinton and John McCain did much the same thing.

And in the Court Party, the only place to be is at court. This is why
- until a scandal derailed him - Bill Richardson was planning to
resign as New Mexico's governor to accept a relatively minor Cabinet
post, secretary of commerce.

People in the Court Party think it proper they should decide what kind
of cars the hoi polloi in fly-over country should drive and how much
medical care they may have. Theirs is an aristrocracy not of birth but
of connections, connections forged mostly by where they went to
school. Every president since Ronald Reagan (Eureka College, 1932)
went to Harvard or Yale.

For members of the Court Party, where you went to school is more
important than what you learned there. Mr. Obama is said to be
brilliant because he went to Columbia and to Harvard Law School.
Someone who went to, say, the University of Idaho would be mocked
mercilessly for thinking "Austrian" is a foreign language, that the
United States is one of the largest Muslim countries, or that Canada
has a president.

Most in the Court Party are Democrats, but there are plenty of
Republicans, too, chiefly those who have been in Washington for a long
time. The divide between the Court Party and the Country Party is
illustrated by the political Rorschach test Sarah Palin has become.

"If you want to run for president, the forum of a governorship would
be a better forum than just being a private citizen," said Sen. Chuck
Grassley (R., Iowa), who's been in Washington for 28 years, when asked
about Sarah Palin's resignation.

"In that phrase, 'just being a private citizen,' Senator Grassley
encapsulates both why Sarah Palin is so phenomenally appealing to the
Republican base and how divorced the national Republican apparatus is
from the core values of party members, " wrote Jim Prevor in the
Weekly Standard. "This massive base thinks that by paying the taxes
and doing the work, starting the businesses and rearing the children,
caring for the parents and fighting the wars, they are doing the
crucial stuff that sustains our country."

Professor Codevilla put it this way: "The upscale folks who look down
on the rest of us and upon themselves as saviors of the planet - these
are the people who made Palin into a political force by making her a
symbol of everything they are not."

The hoi polloi in fly-over country are watching the self-styled best
and brightest ruin the economy while feathering their own nests. If
this leads to a revolt at the polls in 2010 and 2012, the hoi polloi
are more likely to look for leadership from the person who best
exemplifies their values and expresses their anger than to those who,
by the Court Party's definition, are more qualified.