Re: BRINKS HOME SECURITY MAY HAVE DIRECT TIES WITH MADOFF

On Jul 5, 3:13=A0pm, "Crash Gordon" <webmas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Then how do you deal with; "I set my alarm off accidently, why didn't you
> call, my alarm's not working...I want to cancel service"
> Its much better to just train the client correctly to call or wait for th=
> call.
> To add another 30 seconds to the 30 second entry delay seems really reall=
ly
> dumb.
>
> --
> **Crash Gordon**
>
> "mleuck" <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> >> I have done many ADT takeovers over the years. I noticed a trend that
> >> every zone was programmed as entry/exit, and a 30 second dialer delay =
in
> >> place...what the hell is up with that?
>
> >> Jim Rojas
>
> > I can't explain the "every zone" part but the 30 second dialer delay
> > cuts down on a ton of false alarms, you can't install (legally) a
> > panel without it in Texas.

RHC: Crash, I don't disagree with you. However, it does make more
sense when you remember how poorly most alarm users remember their
initial training. Hell, after two years or so, a great many of my
customers seem to barely be able to remember how to use it, let alone
remember such esoteric features as cancel codes. I drill it into them,
and explain in detail how this can prevent a false alarm fee, but they
still call thinking their alarm doesn't work. And when they call with
a question, most don't have a clue even what make of panel they have
in service.

You can train till your blue in the face but a lot of people just
don't get it.