Re: BRINKS HOME SECURITY MAY HAVE DIRECT TIES WITH MADOFF

On Jul 5, 4:34=EF=BF=BDpm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jul 5, 3:13=EF=BF=BDpm, "Crash Gordon" <webmas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=
d>
> wrote:
>

> > Then how do you deal with; "I set my alarm off accidently, why didn't y=
ou
> > call, my alarm's not working...I want to cancel service"
> > Its much better to just train the client correctly to call or wait for =
the
> > call.
> > To add another 30 seconds to the 30 second entry delay seems really rea=
llly
> > dumb.
>
> > --
> > **Crash Gordon**
>
> > "mleuck" <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

.

> > > I can't explain the "every zone" part but the 30 second dialer delay
> > > cuts down on a ton of false alarms, you can't install (legally) a
> > > panel without it in Texas.
>
> RHC: Crash, I don't disagree with you. However, it does make more
> sense when you remember how poorly most alarm users remember their
> initial training. Hell, after two years or so, a great many of my
> customers seem to barely be able to remember how to use it, let alone
> remember such esoteric features as cancel codes. I drill it into them,
> and explain in detail how this can prevent a false alarm fee, but they
> still call thinking their alarm doesn't work. And when they call with
> a question, most don't have a clue even what make of panel they have
> in service.
>
> You can train till your blue in the face but a lot of people just
> don't get it.-

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is exactly why I don't participate in all of this
crap that they keep trying to jam down our throats about training and
delays and delays on the delays, and auto rearm and cancel codes and
anything else to stop the alarm system from working. When the alarm
gets tripped, central calls and that's all the customer wants to know
and no matter how much time you spend teaching them all of the
intracacies of the system it's only natural ..... after a year or
more, of simply having to arm and disarm the system , not ever having
a false trip..... they don't even remember how to bypass a zone, much
less what a cancel code is ...... or why or what it's for.

How may times ..... after spending more than an hour with three or
four people in the family training after the install, that you get a
call a couple of years later .... "my alarm wont arm because it says
something about the living room windows ..... so I haven't been arming
it".   And then when you get there, you find that it says living room
windows because that's the zone they had a false alarm on and all they
had to do was push the reset button to clear the screen or there
really is a problem but they don't remember that they can bypass a
zone.

I still spend the time training but I know, in my heart, that 90% of
what I'm telling them is going to be forgotten along with where they
put the instruction manual.