Re: ADI IN TOMS RIVER SELLING ON EBAY AGAIN

On May 2, 12:33 pm, Frank Olson
<use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't know "everything" about the people that post here, but I do know
> this.  Bass remains a "boil" on this industry and this newsgroup.  He
> has no scruples when it comes to attacking individuals or the industry
> to support his own twisted "mantra".  Even Campbell's admitted that
> Bass' newsgroup persona is "twisted".  From my point of view, I wouldn't
> even consider meeting Bass in person even if we were both at the same
> ISC show (anyone else here, I wouldn't hesitate).

RHC: Correction Frank, I didn't say RLB's newsgroup persona was
"twisted". What I said was sometimes he goes "over the top" with his
comments. The same thing can be said for just about all the regulars
here at one time or another.

This newsgroup has become so twisted with hateful commentary,
bickering, and personal recriminations between members that it has
become almost useless for anyone looking for real information to
bother with. Legitimate questions from end users relating to alarm
systems seem almost universally to be met eventually with snide
comments about why the party didn't refer his question to a
"professional" instead of tackling it himself. Does a DIY industry
that amounts to probably point one percent of the total business (if
that much), scare you guys that much ? I can only hope that this
newsgroup doesn't reflect the state of our industry as a whole; if it
does, we're all in trouble. I'm sure Steve Richman (sp)  didn't
foresee this kind of response when he first set up the
newsgroup.......

BTW, I believe you have control of that page that shows the "ASA group
of regulars" ?. I would appreciate it if you would remove my picture
and my name from that site. Thanks !