Re: ADI IN TOMS RIVER SELLING ON EBAY AGAIN

On May 1, 2:28 pm, Jim Rojas <jro...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyone know when the 5894PI first became available? It is strange to
> find such a newer item already on ebay sold at surplus pricing, and at
> such quantities. I just checked out this ebay seller. All he has sold in
> the past year was these motions. Another strange item to note is how did
> this seller maintain powerseller status just selling 21 auctions in the
> past year? Any ebay experts care to comment?
>
> I stopped buying from ADI 6 years ago. The late Mike Sabodish caught ADI
> transporting inventory to an ebay surplus dealer in New Jersey a few
> years back. I witnessed the auctions myself from this ebay seller. Every
> item was right out of the ADI catalog. Mike also witnessed 2 ADI marked
> trailers loaded with inventory. So instead of passing the savings along
> to their loyal dealers, they decided to get rid of it on ebay for
> pennies on the dollar.
>
> Jim Rojas <

These conspiracy theories are nuttier than a jar of Jiffy.
Brinks used the 5894 for at least the last 4 years.
The seller could be a Brinks or ADT dealer. As a dealer my pricing was
way below what you as a non-dealer would pay. I was buying those
motions for around $40.00.  The 5816 transmitters ran $20.50 each.
Heck I was paying $31.00 for a 500ft box of Genesis 18/4 fire rated.

The seller may also be an installer for a large company, and simply
selling equipment he swipes from the company.
Mike claimed to have seen ghosts & space aliens so I don't hold much
stock in him seeing ADI trucks offloading equipment to Ebay
resellers.