Re: Brinks Home Security Fraud

BDEBJ wrote:

> the way i see it.....if they STATE it as fact, they are lying....

I don't agree.  This is an international medium.  What they are stating
may well be "fact" in their area.  You have to lighten up a bit.

> now if they don't know, or assume something then they
> should say "as far as i know" or "from what i hear"....

How about "from what I know".

> the way the statement was made, makes it sounds
>  like this guy knows what he's talking about, when he does not.

The way your statement was made makes you sound a lot like Bass.  Please
don't go there.

> as far as the connection fee part goes, i said you were "lying"
> because you also stated that as fact when maybe you should
> have said "here in vancouver....." see my point?

Nope.  The PSA is very clear.  There *is* a connection charge.  Some
offices may simply "write it off".

> maybe i went about it the wrong way, but hey, i'm just a working stiff.

As are we all.  And as such we gotta stick together.

> as far as the rates go, no, the local offices do not set ANY rates....
> the rates are set by brinks...trust me if the local offices had their way
> brinks would make alot more money due to the fact that corporate gives
> away WAY too much as it is!!

That may be so.  It's all ADT's fault.  They started it with their
$99.00 installs back in the eighties.

"If at first you don't succeed, blame the other guy."

Mind you, I found an even better one the other day in the most unlikely
of places:

"If at first you don't succeed, do it your wife's way."  :-)