Re: Brinks Home Security Fraud

"

> "Lying" is a very strong word to use when someone may just be misinformed.
> It would serve you much better if you tried being a bit more diplomatic.
> For instance, Brinks does charge a connection fee (at least in
> Vancouver) - something you called me a liar for.  I backed up what I said
> with a couple of quotes directly from their PSA.  You can Google for it.
>
> I imagine many of the local offices set their own rates for service and
> what might "fit" your area may not fit another.  I know Chubb used a
> standard price list for the entire country (back when I worked for them)
> and head office instituted a discount policy for the various regional and
> local offices.  Without it, we'd have been charging "Toronto" prices in
> market areas that wouldn't have accepted such pricing structures. It's all
> a numbers game, Billy, and local managers are held responsible. If you
> don't give them the tools to address local markets, you're basically tying
> their hands and setting them up to fail.  That's simply not good business.

the way i see it.....if they STATE it as fact, they are lying....
now if they don't know, or assume something then they
should say "as far as i know" or "from what i hear"....
the way the statement was made, makes it sounds
 like this guy knows what he's talking about, when he does not.

as far as the connection fee part goes, i said you were "lying"
because you also stated that as fact when maybe you should
have said "here in vancouver....." see my point?
maybe i went about it the wrong way, but hey, i'm just a working stiff.
as far as the rates go, no, the local offices do not set ANY rates....
the rates are set by brinks...trust me if the local offices had their way
brinks would make alot more money due to the fact that corporate gives
away WAY too much as it is!!