Re: Brinks Home Security Fraud

BDEBJ wrote:
> and the only ones posting anything "as fact" are the ones who
> have no experience....they have no knowledge of what they post.
> not being confrontational...seriously..not at all....i just hate when
> i see someone post something "as fact" when they are compleyley wrong.
> it's not as if brinks charged that much at one time, and then lowered their
> price....they have never charged that much. i accuse people of lying
> when i KNOW they are. i'm sorry, i don't see where you'd said anything to
> me...if i missed
> it i apologize. if you notice, i never stick my nose into any situation,
> unless
> i know i'm right....i never just "throw" stuff out there...i truly do
> apologize
> if what i said upset anyone...not my intention...just trying to set the
> record straight.
>
> billy

"Lying" is a very strong word to use when someone may just be
misinformed.  It would serve you much better if you tried being a bit
more diplomatic.  For instance, Brinks does charge a connection fee (at
least in Vancouver) - something you called me a liar for.  I backed up
what I said with a couple of quotes directly from their PSA.  You can
Google for it.

I imagine many of the local offices set their own rates for service and
what might "fit" your area may not fit another.  I know Chubb used a
standard price list for the entire country (back when I worked for them)
and head office instituted a discount policy for the various regional
and local offices.  Without it, we'd have been charging "Toronto" prices
in market areas that wouldn't have accepted such pricing structures.
It's all a numbers game, Billy, and local managers are held responsible.
  If you don't give them the tools to address local markets, you're
basically tying their hands and setting them up to fail.  That's simply
not good business.