Re: Brinks Alarms: Beware of the Fuel Surcharge Tax

Jim wrote:

> Robert, if  you've read my recent posts you'd realize that there's no
> "hate" involved and never was. You interpret it that way, that's your
> problem.  If it truly were hate, I'd have killed him myself. Hate is
> blind. The value of my life and well being is supremely more valuable
> to me, than his. In view of his illness, it was inevitable that he
> would die soon. I didn't make it happen. Wishing is just a way of
> expressing a desire. My desire is that he would go away. Wishing he
> would die, in my view, was the only way we would be rid of him. Now we
> will be. Clean, clear and simple. Am I happy he's going to die? I'll
> just say that I'm happy he'll be gone. I'd have been just as happy had
> he stopped doing his nasty deeds. His contributions would have been
> exemplary. He wouldn't stop voluntarily. Now he has no choice. All the
> same result. One way or the other, it makes no difference, the result
> will be the same.
>
> He built walls instead of bridges. He placed obstacles instead of
> making paths. He destroyed rather than created. His whole existance in
> Usenet was wrought with arrogance, sarcasm, venom, contempt, taunting
> and no respect for the mores of social intercourse. This is his
> legacy. He made his bed and soon he will sleep in it. There can be no
> respect (except for your misplaced adoration)  for a person of such
> rancor. It is obvious to anyone, of any intelligence at all, that
> someone of that ilk does not derserve consideration of any sort from
> the people he's maligned for years.

He's apologized to me, and that means he deserves my forgiveness.

I think it's interesting that while I agree with everything you've said
(up to this point), I can't help but wonder what *your* "legacy" to the
group will be...  "Fuck off and die?".

> Regardless of how he will depart,
> the result will be that he will be gone from here and finally there is
> hope for this Newsgroup to grow into something that he refused to let
> happen.

Personally I think that knife cuts both ways.  I think that there's a
lot to be said for "ignoring" someone that posts "garbage".  It happens
all the time in may different newsgroups.

> I think it rather unique that this group has not progressed because of
> him and now .....it will ....... because of him. Isn't that called
> Karma?

I don't think "Karma" has anything to do with it.  Robert didn't
contract cancer because we didn't agree with the way he participated in
this newsgroup.