Re: Monitoring Rates

"Crash Gordon" wrote:

> A lot to put on a 20P (I hate zone doubling so I wouldn't use this panel if
> I were selling this system).

The Vista-20P can handle 48 zones without zone doubling.  This job is nowhere
near the panel's limit, Crash.  If the gentleman wants Internet and GSM, it's
one of the few systems that meet his requirements.

> You would put the temp sensor outside the sauna with a probe through the
> wall...that kind of heat/moisture would destroy a transmitter the first time
> out.

To do it that way he'll need a temperature sensor with remote probe that
requires no power.  I used one from Grainger to activate the exhaust fan in
our generator room.  I don't recall the make/model but it was less than $100
and it worked well for over 16 years.  The unit had a flexible, copper tube
with the probe on the end.

> Winland makes a programmable temp sensor hi/lo or old mechanical kind...not
> sure if it goes that high temp <--this is wired sensor & power 4 cond...or
> better yet 6.

The problem with the unit, as you noted, is it requires power.  The gentleman
indicated he wants to go wireless.  It can be had with a M-001-0081 high
temperature probe (32 to 299 F).  Most of the Winland's mechanical temperature
sensors have been discontinued.  The one mechanical unit that handles high
temperatures is the MTA-1.  It's limited to 100C (212F) though.

We get a lot of orders for the 2- and 4-zone programmable models, mainly from
food storage facilities and the like.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass