Re: Monitoring Rates

On Feb 27, 10:21=EF=BF=BDam, "alarman" <nos...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That's not available either, at least =EF=BF=BDnot readily. Seems like any=
thing but
> 22/4 and cat 5 is special order.
>
> --
> js

Yes it is special order but I just order it a couple times a year and
stock it. It's compact ( ie. smaller than 22ga) thousand foot boxes.
The difference in resistance is insignificant for normal residential
and light commercial use as keypad runs and to ease wire wrangling
multiple four conductor wires, on long runs. I've used it for years
for anything under or around 100 feet runs without ever having one
problem resistance wise. The only reason 24 gauge isn't recommended is
because it's easy to not strip it properly with miller strippers and
nick the wire. But other than that and contrary to the common myth,
the resistance of 24 guage wire for normal burglar alarm use is quite
acceptable even for power to PIR's and such. If you've got concerns
about it, just figure the wire resistance versus voltage drop over
less than 100 foot runs, and you'll see what I mean.

Just ordered some so I've got the number at hand.
Superior Essex 18-341-33
6X24 UTP Cat3
CMR GY 1KFT PB