Re: Monitoring Rates

Robert L Bass wrote:
> "Crash Gordon" wrote:
>>
>> only a few of us dinosaurs around that still pull spare pairs eh?
>
> We did that all the time.  Once it even *caused* a problem.  A lady (and
> I use the term loosely in this case) insisted my technicians had not
> finished the job although every sensor was installed and working
> properly.  I said I was sure it was compete so she had me look inside
> the panel.  There were two extra cables labeled "Spare A - Attic" and
> "Spare B - Garage".  She demanded to know why they were not connected to
> anything.  I explained that the installers pulled extra cables in case
> we might need to add something later.  She didn't believe that anyone
> would actually do *extra* work and not charge, even after I explained
> that the idea was to save trouble for us in the future.

Actually, this "installation fairy tale" serves to showcase your poor
salesmanship.  I would think that "pulling extra pairs" would have been
something you would have "used" to demonstrate how much more
"professional" you were over "the other guys".  I'll bet it was the
"Armani suit" that threw her off, though...  that and the Ford Pinto you
drove up with.  Tsk!!!