Re: Window Sensors

> Electromagnetism and electromagnetic field strength are dealt with
> in Coulomb gauge....

Yes, yes, yes.  That has nothing to dso with the subject at hand.

> You now live in a state where lightning is an issue. I don't think
> that was true in earlier years for you.

Lightning is an issue in every state.  It's just a more frequent one
here in SW Florida.

> I can only tell you what I have seen with my own eyes. It is not a
> random observation, but seems to hold true in nearly every
> lightning event I has seen the aftermath of...

I've dealt with the aftermath of lightning strikes on or near
numerous structures in CT.  Most frequently the damage is caused by
ground strike lightning.  When it hits the energy spreads out much
like ripples on a pond.  As it spreads out from that point, traveling
along the surface of the ground, it looks for the easiest path.  If
there are multiple grounds on a structure or on a group of
electrically interconnected structures, current will flow in through
one ground and out through another.  That's why a bonded ground is so
important.

> The only thing stranger in that department would be for you to post
> some pictures of some Lichtenberg figures on the top your head.
> That would mean you had a real lightning education.

Naah.  That would only mean that I had either studied xerography or
broken into a museum.  My favorite Lichtenberg aphorism: "If
countries were named after the words you first hear when you go
there, England would have to be called 'Damn It.'"

> That perception of lightning damage in alarm systems is not my one
> off observation by the way. If you call a parts house somewhere in
> Texas, like say SGI, and talk to a guy named Dan he'll talk your
> ear off about it. In English of course, but in Spanish if you
> prefer.  No Brazilian Portuguese just yet.

That's OK.  He can just be wrong in Spanish.  I don't mind.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics