Re: Window Sensors

>If it hits the line any switch you use will be toast.

That seems very logical and the way it should be. However, this has never
been my experience in real life. If one pictures a string of Christmas Tree
lights like switches in a N/C circuit, and calls them in order
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 etc, then damage can occur to only one in the string, or
half, or all, or any fraction thereof. The degree of damage can range from
slight to completely obliterated, again all on the same string. The order
can be totally random as well, like 3, 8, & 9 or 2, 5, & 8, etc. It wasn't
until I realized that, like throwing a rock in a pond, the induced EMF moves
through creating different potentials, like scoring in target practice. If
you can picture the strike point, and how the loop wire is positioned in
reference to the strike point, the damage you find will begin to make some
sense, though never completely. Lightning is not only terrifying and
destructive, it remains mysterious as well.