Re: Window Sensors

Electromagnetism and electromagnetic field strength are dealt with in
Coulomb gauge. Again if you picture the lightning strike as a point that is
surrounded by an electromagnetic field, it is easy to see the target
comparison with differing values the further from the center you are. Any
wire run in the strike area is going to cross the field as it expands and
collapses during a lightning strike. Therefore a different potential value
will be built up in each wire run.
You now live in a state where lightning is an issue. I don't think that was
true in earlier years for you. I can only tell you what I have seen with my
own eyes. It is not a random observation, but seems to hold true in nearly
every lightning event I has seen the aftermath of. Over time that has
probably been a hundred or so events that were substantial. One lightning
event from 1982 still sticks in my mind. I guess that was the first time I
had ever taken real notice of the phenomenon. At that time I couldn't
explain to myself what I was seeing. One contact destroyed, the next contact
fine, the next slightly damaged etc. Now it makes more sense, but it is
still counterintuitive and strange to see nevertheless. The only thing
stranger in that department would be for you to post some pictures of some
Lichtenberg figures on the top your head. That would mean you had a real
lightning education.

That perception of lightning damage in alarm systems is not my one off
observation by the way. If you call a parts house somewhere in Texas, like
say SGI, and talk to a guy named Dan he'll talk your ear off about it. In
English of course, but in Spanish if you prefer.  No Brazilian Portuguese
just yet.