Re: Church told to hang own fire panel

"Tommy" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Xns9939531C12760tommynospamleesecuri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>> Until you've been involved in church work you
>> wouldn't understand.  By the way, by "on staff"
>> I did not mean to imply "on salary."  In our case
>> these were volunteer staff.  We had over 100
>> people working at any given time but only a few
>> were paid employees.  This is quite common
>> among growing, modern churches.
>>

> I have been involced with church work. i was on
> the building comittee for my church. We wisely
> involved a professional architect to design it rather
> than use someone from inside the church...

That is totally different from alarm work.  Architecture
is a profession.  Alarm installing is a trade and a
relatively simple one at that.

> we ended up with a better building than we would
> have had otherwise...

Without an architect to design it you probably
wouldn't have built anything at all.  However, there
are architectural firms that offer standardized church
plans for people who don't want to pay for a custom
design.

> And there were plenty of capable people in the
> church to call on. we just felt that to get the best
> job done we should go with a professional that
> dealt with our type job on a regular basis.

The same would apply if you needed cancer surgery.
You would hire a doctor -- not do it yourself.  OTOH,
if all you had was a splinter you'd DIY it like everyone
else does.

Alarm installation is to architecture as splinter
removal is to surgery.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass