Re: Church told to hang own fire panel

> You know, you guys, there are some smart
> people out there besides you.  There are
> people with engineering degrees that can
> read a manual, know what continuity is, can
> use a voltmeter and know when to ask
> questions.

That is precisely the point I've been making
for the past eight or nine years in this newsgroup.
However, there are a number of folks whose
living depends on the public believing that alarm
work is brain surgery.

> Luckily tho, I don't go to church.  :-)

That's too bad.  Perhaps they would have asked
you to help with the installation.  All kidding aside
I have numerous churches as customers.  They
often choose to DIY because they can't afford
what the local alarm companies want to install
a system.  My church in CT had on staff several
licensed electricians, a licensed low voltage
contractor and several engineers.  One of our
church board members used to design space
suits for Martin-Marietta.  I think we were equipped
to handle the work.  Many large organizations --
churches, educational institutions, commercial
and industrial operations -- have more than
adequate staff to do this sort of simple work.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics