Re: Church told to hang own fire panel

"Robert L Bass" <no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms> wrote in
news:1pydnfilJ6V2ws7bnZ2dnUVZ_gmdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx:

> That's too bad.  Perhaps they would have asked
> you to help with the installation.  All kidding aside
> I have numerous churches as customers.  They
> often choose to DIY because they can't afford
> what the local alarm companies want to install
> a system.  My church in CT had on staff several
> licensed electricians, a licensed low voltage
> contractor and several engineers.  One of our
> church board members used to design space
> suits for Martin-Marietta.  I think we were equipped
> to handle the work.  Many large organizations --
> churches, educational institutions, commercial
> and industrial operations -- have more than
> adequate staff to do this sort of simple work.

A church that "had on staff several
 licensed electricians, a licensed low voltage
 contractor and several engineers" that couldn't afford to have a system
professionally installed?

That's hard to swallow. a church big enough to have that kind of people
"on staff" wouldn't blink at the cost of a life safety system. at least
they shouldn't.