Re: Thanks ADT / An Inconvenient Truth: Unlicensed Bay Alarm Company.

> This state license board item reminds me
> of this:
>
> Bay Alarm Company, of Pacheco, CA (yes,
> THAT company, which claims to  have
> ~85,000 customers) operated an unlicensed
> burglar and fire alarm business for over 5
> years, from 10-20-2000 until at least
> 12-29-2005.
>
> No California licenses at all, until they finally
> applied for, and were issued, burglar alarm
> license #ACO-28 on that date, and, several
> months later finally got fire alarm license
> #C10-880138.
>
> But for all those many intervening years, no
> licenses.
>
> Meanwhile, with full knowledge of the facts,
> including copies of documentary proof, the
> California Alarm Association (CAA), one of
> the largest good-old-boys-clubs around,
> upon whose Board of Directors one of Bay
> Alarm Company's representatives, Matt
> Westphal, sits, did nothing.

> Instead, CAA Board members engaged in a
> flurry of coverup and denial activity.

This is all too familiar, Nick.  It seems ridiculous
that several of the installers who hang out in
ASA rag on me for being unlicensed (I sell online;
no license required) yet they ignore

I recently got a call from someone in  the area.
They wanted to know if Bay was a good choice for
monitoring their alarm.  I told them what you had
said about Bay and suggested they contact you for
monitoring.  They were nice folks -- installed their
own Napco P3200 system.  Hope you got the
monitoring contract.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass