Re: Thanks ADT / An Inconvenient Truth: Unlicensed Bay Alarm Company.

This state license board item reminds me of this:

Bay Alarm Company, of Pacheco, CA (yes, THAT company, which claims to
have ~85,000 customers) operated an unlicensed burglar and fire alarm
business for over 5 years, from 10-20-2000 until at least 12-29-2005.

No California licenses at all, until they finally applied for, and were
issued, burglar alarm license #ACO-28 on that date, and, several months
later finally got fire alarm license #C10-880138.

But for all those many intervening years, no licenses.

Meanwhile, with full knowledge of the facts, including copies of
documentary proof, the California Alarm Association (CAA), one of the
largest good-old-boys-clubs around, upon whose Board of Directors one on
Bay Alarm Company's representatives, Matt Westphal, sits, did nothing.

Instead, CAA Board members engaged in a flurry of coverup and denial
activity.