Re: Church told to hang own fire panel

> Until you've been involved in church work you
> wouldn't understand.  By the way, by "on staff"
> I did not mean to imply "on salary."  In our case
> these were volunteer staff.  We had over 100
> people working at any given time but only a few
> were paid employees.  This is quite common
> among growing, modern churches.

I have been involced with church work. i was on the building comittee for
my church. We wisely involved a professional architect to design it rather
than use someone from inside the church. we ended up with a better building
than we would have had otherwise. And there were plenty of capable people
in the church to call on. we just felt that to get the best job done we
should go with a professional that dealt with our type job on a regular
basis.