Re: OT Crowding the Interesection DOES NOT get you out there any faster...

"Robert L Bass" <no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms> wrote in message
>> I'm north of the US border, bikes are
>> dangerous to be on for the first month of the season till Cagers catch on
>> share the road. I've found Floridian to be the best "aware" as biking is
>> year round thing...
>
> This is just my opinion so it's probably worth what you paid for it.
> Florida is the worst place in the US to ride anything with two wheels.
> Cagers are aggressive not only against bikes but even bicycles.  I don't
> know if it's snow birds or locals but a fair number of them just love to
> wait at a side street until the last moment and then pull right out in
> front of you.  I have a high beam flash button on the left bar (don't know
> if this is unique or common) and I use it whenever I spot a cager on a
> side street.

ODD that I find them easier to co-exist with on the road... maybe If I was
more traveled, You don't know riskeee till you take a run in Quebec City,
now that is a war zone..
>> One things that we all have in common"
>> That Bloody Cell Phone"...
>
> It seems to me that the biggest problem with cell phones is when an
> incoming call rings.  The driver is suddenly distracted, looking for the
> little "Yes" button or whatever.  I suspect *talking* on the cell isn't
> any more dangerous than talking to a passenger.

 Not for those in the car "Cagers" ( it a common term amongst Hardcoe
Bikers)