Re: 707 Roll.

FIRETEK (change-the-ch-to-k) wrote:
> In line (again).
>
> "I brive a dus" <alarminstall@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
> > Well if you google it you'll understand why today's flamefest is
> > annoying at best compared to that flamefest masterpiece of years past.
> > There was always something new to fight about but you guys are
> > rehashing shit that's 6 years old.
>
> "Flames" usually involve lies, innuendo and other nasty shit. <

Just like the Sopranos but it's a ratings giant

> > Yes. When it involves a company in their jurisdiction I certainly
> > expect it as should the taxpayers of that state.
>
> I think Frank found out "different" too.  They don't give a shit. <

Which makes them bigger hypocrites when they post here acting as if
they just discovered the information

> > Which kills the quality of a good net brawl.
>
> Some of us would rather not go there.<

What good is Usenet without a fight?

> > And when he did nothing happened to him which makes it even sillier for
> > some to claim they can harm him now that he doesn't offer monitoring.
>
> I haven't seen anyone here claim "they harmed his business", except Bass.<

Oh please. Spend 5 minutes doing a Google and you'll see at least 3
wackjobs from here claiming they hurt him.

> > Nobody is doing any kissing up.
>
> And if he's got lipstick on his ass and it happens to be your shade, you're
> going to deny that too, right?  :)<

We've established years ago that I am a whore but he doesn't have
enough money.

> > Robert has called me an asshole and I
> > have called him an asshole. How many more times should we exchange
> > those greetings before it becomes old? We've been at it for 8yrs and
> > exchanging insults has accomplished nothing.
>
> Ummmm...  I wouldn't say that.  For every "newbie" that posts into the
> group, it would be nice for someone to point out the people to avoid.  Bass
> posts here for one reason.  Should he be given "special treatment" because
> he happens to advocate for DIY in a forum of security professionals?  I
> think (in a large part) he gets what he deserves.  As you sow, so shall ye
> reap.<

If the object is to dissuade people from buying his goods then the
current gameplan isn't working. To a newbie, who only stops in for a
few days, Robert looks like a saint and the people attacking him look
like loonies.

> > Nothing has or will change. Does that mean I am fishing buddies with
> > him because we don't exchange insults? Which one of the fucksticks here
> > decided that for me?
>
> Oh please.  The "kissy-kissy-make-nice-to-Bass-show" will continue after
> these messages...<

LOL Yeah I am Mr. Make Nice. Where the hell is Bob Campbell when I need
him? Hey Bob, someone accused me of being nice!

> > See this is where you are wrong. His posts are always a target, and at
> > times rightfully so,
>
> Really?  Well, I do agree.  His posts usually have a "target", but
> "rightfully so"?  I don't think so.<

No there are times when he pokes the beehive and gets stung. Then there
are times when he joins a thread and his entire post is put in a petri
dish and sent to a lab for tests.

> >  but there are people who search for his posts just
> > to fight.
>
> I agree.  And there are people who question his veracity as well.  Bass
> seems to think asking for proof is a "personal attack" or a prelude to "a
> fight".  Do you think so too?<

If ANYONE had proof of the outrageous claims you can bet your ass it
would have been posted here.

> > Hell there are people, myself included, who tracked him to
> > other newsgroups. Now he's no saint by any means, and caused more than
> > his share of turmoil here, BUT is he really wrong on 100% of what he
> > says?
>
> Like I said the ratio's about 8 or 9 to one.
>
> > Have you ever seen anyone agree with him that didn't have the
> > last name Campbell?
>
> Yes, I have.  Frank's agreed with him.<

Frank's just a swell fella and pillar of society.

> > Yes Robert Bass made his bed but how many here
> > check his sheets 10 times before they check their own?
>
> I wouldn't go near Bass' bed for a million dollars.<

But you do have a price. Denial isn't a river in Egypt

> > Frank's been singing the same shit for years. So has Robert. It's like
> > I said, the material is OLD. The record is broken. How many times do we
> > need to read about 737's, BBB reports, credit checks, licensing board
> > hearings, and calls to suppliers?
>
> How about as many times as Bass brings it up?  Check all the posts in the
> last few months.  You should be directing this statement at Bass, not me or
> Frank (Olson).<

YOU are the one who invited me into the thread. Robert didn't. What
would you like me to tell him? You assume I have any sort of control or
rapport that I can sway his thinking.

> > Contrary to whatever they may post about their conquests I am certain
> > the cure for what ails both of them is a piece of tail (preferably not
> > each others but given their conversations one could mistaken them for
> > married).
>
> I know for a fact that Frank doesn't swing that way.<

Frank's favorite song is It's Raining Men.

> > Yes he's an expert at posting absurd accusations just like many of us
> > but it's easy to tell when he's posting bullshit and when he's posting
> > fact.
>
> Not to many newbies (like myself).  Frank actually suggested I have a look
> at the group.  I did for several months but didn't post any responses.  And
> like Frank, I thought Bass was getting a raw deal at first.  Frank sent me
> some links and I spent some time Googling.<

My point exactly. To a newbie he looks like a victim. Why is that?

> > Now if the guy that emailed you was a guy who one of your employees was
> > annoying via the internet and late night drunk dials wouldn't you, as
> > the owner of the business, become concerned at how your company is
> > being viewed?
>
> This is a Newsgroup.  Now if that employee was posting such nonsense on _my
> time_, I certainly would.  If he also referenced the company I would also be
> a tad concerned, but not overly much.  I would think the people we hire have
> some common sense and won't use their real names or post company
> information.<

What about the dingbats that do post their real names and discuss the
company during drunk dial phone calls?

> > Imagine finding out that one of your employees has a
> > psychological disorder and an issue with alcohol?
>
> From whom?  Some asshole in Usenet??  C'mon, Tom.<

I wouldn't care if a birdy whispered it to me I'd check it out and if I
confirmed it the nut would be job shopping

> > Don't bullshit me and tell me you'd retain them. You'd show him the
> > exit immediately.
>
> Not without something called "due process".  To dismiss someone here, you
> pretty well have to have some solid reasoning or Labour Standards will be
> down your throat before you can say "Bass is an Ass".<

Due process doesn't exist here. It's called AT WILL employment.
I don't need to give a reason for shit canning someone.

> > Did you see me say it was mean spirited or did you see me say that
> > those who are bitching missed the boat? They had a chance, they did
> > nothing but sit on their ass, and now should shut the fuck up about it
> > because the opportunity is gone.
>
> Like I said, you're filing a complaint on someone that isn't even in your
> state.  I'm pretty sure that there's two piles for complaints.  One's for
> people _in_ the state, and the other's got a big "G" on the side and is
> "bin" shaped.<

Yet those same people start visiting here and suddenly have a problem
with Robert not because of his practices but because of his attitude.
They're hypocrites

> > I agree that software shouldn't be distributed to Bill & Mary
> > Clodhopper but the manufacturers have been notified repeatedly and have
> > done nothing. I guess it's not as important to them as it is to us.
>
> Well I sure would care if someone untrained got the downloading software for
> a Mircom FX-2000 or and Edwards EST-3.  TG that will never happen (at least
> in Canada).<

Mircom? What the hell do you know about that canuck fire company? The
greatest employee I ever had who is now a great friend got his start
there. He's a ball buster like all of you snow monkeys. He's also the
most hen-pecked son of a bitch I ever met.

> > I'll make nice with whoever the fuck I want whenever the fuck I want
> > wherever the fuck I want and if you or anyone else has an issue with
> > that they can kiss the rabbit between the ears. Does that clear things
> > up?
>
> Read what I said again.  I simply suggested you take it elsewhere.  The
> whole thing makes some of us kinda "queasy". <

Take this elsewhere and check it for leaks