Re: 707 Roll.

FIRETEK (change-the-ch-to-k) wrote:
> In line.
>

> "I brive a dus" <alarminstall@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
> > OK so you want to throw my name into this thread. That's fine. I'm
> > feeling froggy.
> > How would you know that the flames lasted for years if you've just
> > recently started visiting here? It was a great flame fest. Shame you
> > missed it (or did you?).
>
> I've only recently started posting.  And I'm not sorry to say I missed most
> of it.  Google archives much of what's transpired here for the last few
> years though. <

Well if you google it you'll understand why today's flamefest is
annoying at best compared to that flamefest masterpiece of years past.
There was always something new to fight about but you guys are
rehashing shit that's 6 years old.

> > I was calling everyone and their cousin down there long before Frank.
> > I've got news for you. For all of the yapping the Florida board does
> > they didn't do diddly dick when they actually had the chance. Robert
> > left himself wide open for a shot when he first got to Florida. He was
> > offering monitoring on his website and didn't have any disclaimers
> > regarding Florida residents. I grabbed the opportunity and called the
> > ECLB. They did NOTHING! NADA. The Hula Hoop. The Big O. They sat on
> > their asses and told me there was nothing they could do.
>
> You expect them to investigate a complaint from someone outside of their
> jurisdiction? <

Yes. When it involves a company in their jurisdiction I certainly
expect it as should the taxpayers of that state.

> > Anyway Robert covered himself when he adjusted his website.
> > 6 years later he's still listening to who from the ECLB is going to do
> > what and how they will do it.
>
> Yeah, I know.  And he's a "walking dead man" too.  Some of the guys here are
> way over the top. <

Which kills the quality of a good net brawl.

> > Are they threatening him because of my
> > call? Nope. The threats were triggered from a flame fest between Robert
> > and some folks from the Florida board. When they had him dead to rights
> > they did nothing because it wasn't important enough to them but the
> > second he called them morons they want to hang him.  So at what point do
> > you start thinking that maybe the Florida board doesn't know it's ass
> > from a hole in the ground, or is more concerned with settling personal
> > beefs than with protecting the citizens of Florida?
>
> I notice he no longer provides monitoring services.<

And when he did nothing happened to him which makes it even sillier for
some to claim they can harm him now that he doesn't offer monitoring.

> > Ahhhhhhhhhhhh an innuendo. The famous Italian suppository
>
> It gets a bit anal here at times.<

It's like Groundhog's Day. same shit over and over again.

> > That would be water under the bridge. I'd say it's case closed because
> > of what I explained earlier. There gets to be a point where the devil
> > you know is better than the hypocrites you don't know.  We'll disagree
> > on most things involving business and politics but our opinions will
> > never be a mystery.
>
> An asshole will always be an asshole.  There are two ways to respond to one.
> You can tolerate his antics and keep your opinions to yourself, or you can
> tell him flat out that he's an asshole.  Kissing up to one however, is
> taking things just a bit too far.<

Nobody is doing any kissing up. Robert has called me an asshole and I
have called him an asshole. How many more times should we exchange
those greetings before it becomes old? We've been at it for 8yrs and
exchanging insults has accomplished nothing.
Nothing has or will change. Does that mean I am fishing buddies with
him because we don't exchange insults? Which one of the fucksticks here
decided that for me?

> > Who the hell was going to pat him on the back? Be honest.
>
> Alright.
>
> > Robert knows
> > that anything he posts here will immediately be a target (at times
> > rightfully so), and that posting a reply regarding the food drive would
> > be viewed only as him clamoring for attention instead of him doing
> > something decent. Being we don't accept email from each other where did
> > you want him to respond? The intention of my post was to thank him
> > anyway.
>
> Not everything the asshole posts will become a target.  Not everything he
> posts is bullshit either, but the ratio of bullshit to meaningful
> contribution is still about 8 or 9 to one.<

See this is where you are wrong. His posts are always a target, and at
times rightfully so, but there are people who search for his posts just
to fight. Hell there are people, myself included, who tracked him to
other newsgroups. Now he's no saint by any means, and caused more than
his share of turmoil here, BUT is he really wrong on 100% of what he
says? Have you ever seen anyone agree with him that didn't have the
last name Campbell? Yes Robert Bass made his bed but how many here
check his sheets 10 times before they check their own?

> > Those 2 have been hammering away at each other so much they should just
> > tie the knot and get it over with already. Now before we do that
> > there's a little matter of the names going on the wedding license. One
> > would be Robert L. Bass. What is the other name? Frank ____________?
>
> I don't see Frank "hammering away" at Bass these days.  Unless you want to
> call asking for proof "hammering".<

Frank's been singing the same shit for years. So has Robert. It's like
I said, the material is OLD. The record is broken. How many times do we
need to read about 737's, BBB reports, credit checks, licensing board
hearings, and calls to suppliers?
Contrary to whatever they may post about their conquests I am certain
the cure for what ails both of them is a piece of tail (preferably not
each others but given their conversations one could mistaken them for
married).

> > Folks attacking him who stay anonymous burns his ass. It's funny
> > watching him search for info on you guys but by same token it's comical
> > watching grown men hiding from someone who they claim can't harm them.
> > It's like whistling in a graveyard. What are you hiding from if you
> > have nothing to fear?
>
> Bass is an expert at manipulating facts and in the use of Italian
> suppositories.  Even though individuals he's attacked can prove what he's
> said about them is utter fabrication, there will always be that element of
> doubt. <

Yes he's an expert at posting absurd accusations just like many of us
but it's easy to tell when he's posting bullshit and when he's posting
fact.

> If some guy emailed me and told me one of my employees was using
> "company resources" to perform illegal credit checks, it would be foolish of
> me not to investigate.  It would be just as foolish for me not to change the
> passwords even if that investigation revealed the email to be an utter lie.
> What a waste of time and "company resources". <

Now if the guy that emailed you was a guy who one of your employees was
annoying via the internet and late night drunk dials wouldn't you, as
the owner of the business, become concerned at how your company is
being viewed? Imagine finding out that one of your employees has a
psychological disorder and an issue with alcohol?
Don't bullshit me and tell me you'd retain them. You'd show him the
exit immediately.

> I don't see how reporting genuine illegal activity is a waste of time or
> even mean spirited.  Bass left himself open to it, and even afterwards
> skirted around the issue for years until only recently.  I don't see how
> informing a manufacturer about his copying software and offering it for
> download on his website is anything like what he's done.  Christ, Frank sent
> me dozens of links that prove beyond a shadow of doubt the man's a liar and
> an asshole. <

Did you see me say it was mean spirited or did you see me say that
those who are bitching missed the boat? They had a chance, they did
nothing but sit on their ass, and now should shut the fuck up about it
because the opportunity is gone.
I agree that software shouldn't be distributed to Bill & Mary
Clodhopper but the manufacturers have been notified repeatedly and have
done nothing. I guess it's not as important to them as it is to us.

> You can continue to "make nice" to each other all day long.  Just take it to
> another forum if you can't bring yourselves to exchanging sloppy emails,
> will ya please? <

I'll make nice with whoever the fuck I want whenever the fuck I want
wherever the fuck I want and if you or anyone else has an issue with
that they can kiss the rabbit between the ears. Does that clear things
up?