Re: 707 Roll.

In line.

"I brive a dus" <alarminstall@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1169272996.948791.300360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> OK so you want to throw my name into this thread. That's fine. I'm
> feeling froggy.
> How would you know that the flames lasted for years if you've just
> recently started visiting here? It was a great flame fest. Shame you
> missed it (or did you?).

I've only recently started posting.  And I'm not sorry to say I missed most
of it.  Google archives much of what's transpired here for the last few
years though.

> I was calling everyone and their cousin down there long before Frank.
> I've got news for you. For all of the yapping the Florida board does
> they didn't do diddly dick when they actually had the chance. Robert
> left himself wide open for a shot when he first got to Florida. He was
> offering monitoring on his website and didn't have any disclaimers
> regarding Florida residents. I grabbed the opportunity and called the
> ECLB. They did NOTHING! NADA. The Hula Hoop. The Big O. They sat on
> their asses and told me there was nothing they could do.

You expect them to investigate a complaint from someone outside of their
jurisdiction?

> Anyway Robert covered himself when he adjusted his website.
> 6 years later he's still listening to who from the ECLB is going to do
> what and how they will do it.

Yeah, I know.  And he's a "walking dead man" too.  Some of the guys here are
way over the top.

> Are they threatening him because of my
> call? Nope. The threats were triggered from a flame fest between Robert
> and some folks from the Florida board. When they had him dead to rights
> they did nothing because it wasn't important enough to them but the
> second he called them morons they want to hang him.  So at what point do
> you start thinking that maybe the Florida board doesn't know it's ass
> from a hole in the ground, or is more concerned with settling personal
> beefs than with protecting the citizens of Florida?

I notice he no longer provides monitoring services.

> Ahhhhhhhhhhhh an innuendo. The famous Italian suppository

It gets a bit anal here at times.

> That would be water under the bridge. I'd say it's case closed because
> of what I explained earlier. There gets to be a point where the devil
> you know is better than the hypocrites you don't know.  We'll disagree
> on most things involving business and politics but our opinions will
> never be a mystery.

An asshole will always be an asshole.  There are two ways to respond to one.
You can tolerate his antics and keep your opinions to yourself, or you can
tell him flat out that he's an asshole.  Kissing up to one however, is
taking things just a bit too far.

> Who the hell was going to pat him on the back? Be honest.

Alright.

> Robert knows
> that anything he posts here will immediately be a target (at times
> rightfully so), and that posting a reply regarding the food drive would
> be viewed only as him clamoring for attention instead of him doing
> something decent. Being we don't accept email from each other where did
> you want him to respond? The intention of my post was to thank him
> anyway.

Not everything the asshole posts will become a target.  Not everything he
posts is bullshit either, but the ratio of bullshit to meaningful
contribution is still about 8 or 9 to one.

> Those 2 have been hammering away at each other so much they should just
> tie the knot and get it over with already. Now before we do that
> there's a little matter of the names going on the wedding license. One
> would be Robert L. Bass. What is the other name? Frank ____________?

I don't see Frank "hammering away" at Bass these days.  Unless you want to
call asking for proof "hammering".

> Folks attacking him who stay anonymous burns his ass. It's funny
> watching him search for info on you guys but by same token it's comical
> watching grown men hiding from someone who they claim can't harm them.
> It's like whistling in a graveyard. What are you hiding from if you
> have nothing to fear?

Bass is an expert at manipulating facts and in the use of Italian
suppositories.  Even though individuals he's attacked can prove what he's
said about them is utter fabrication, there will always be that element of
doubt.  If some guy emailed me and told me one of my employees was using
"company resources" to perform illegal credit checks, it would be foolish of
me not to investigate.  It would be just as foolish for me not to change the
passwords even if that investigation revealed the email to be an utter lie.
What a waste of time and "company resources".

I don't see how reporting genuine illegal activity is a waste of time or
even mean spirited.  Bass left himself open to it, and even afterwards
skirted around the issue for years until only recently.  I don't see how
informing a manufacturer about his copying software and offering it for
download on his website is anything like what he's done.  Christ, Frank sent
me dozens of links that prove beyond a shadow of doubt the man's a liar and
an asshole.

You can continue to "make nice" to each other all day long.  Just take it to
another forum if you can't bring yourselves to exchanging sloppy emails,
will ya please?