Re: Bob L

>because Bush has  fueled the fires of extremist Muslim rage with his
idiotic "war on terror."

I hope extremist Muslims are getting mad as hell. As soon as they're all in
Hell I'll feel a lot better.

>This Administration, the worst since Caligula

The worst since Caligula? I've seen you post that a few times before. It
doesn't really help your case I'm afraid. I looked carefully and I don't
remember seeing a President Caligula. Was he a Federalist or a
Democratic-Republican? Wait a minute, he wasn't a President of the United
States. I think he was in the Whiskey Rebellion, wasn't he? No that wasn't
it either. You couldn't mean Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus could
you? His nick name was Caligula. He was  very popular with the Roman public
throughout his reign. I think Bush is at a low tide right about now so I
don't see the comparison. In any case many scholars agree that Gaius's reign
is too short, and the surviving ancient accounts too sensationalized, for
any serious policies of his to be discerned.

Considering the true lack of any historical perspective and the rehashing of
Democratic partisan bilge  I wonder, over time, how much of this rant
(below) will ultimately prove to be true. Not even the "Bush lied" theme
gets much traction anymore once the media got honest and started playing the
Democratic as well as other world leaders saying the exact same thing. If
Bush pulls this Iraq thing out of the fire it might be a long, long time
until another Democrat gets elected President or has a majority in either
house of Congress.

Best get up on current events and find a new tact for your rants. They are
not holding much water and aren't nearly as amusing as they used to be when
they at least had some shred of credibility.

"Robert L Bass" <RobertLBass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > I find it sad that you fail to understand the objective of this "win".
Why