Re: Bob L

> I find it sad that you fail to understand the objective of this "win".  Why
> is freedom from tyranny and  free elections so distasteful?  I understand
> that there are many that want to pull out the troops and just go home but,
> can you accept another "Killing Field"?.  There is no graceful way out of
> this.
>  I don't have the answer.  Many think they do but they don't.

Just to be clear, I disagree with Petem completely about the "friendly
fire" incident.  The fault is not with the Israelis but the terrorists who
provoked the war in the first place.

As to the Iraq fiasco, I have nothing but respect for the coalition
troops.  They are not there making political decisions.  My cousin is
a master sgt on his second tour in Iraq.  He's justifiably proud to be
an American soldier.  Like many of our troops, he is also justifiably
disenchanted with the lies and abuse heaped upon our troops by the
Bush administration.

Unfortunately, Bush started this war by lying to the American public, to
Congress and to the rest of the world.  He constantly repeats the phrase
"support the troops" as though he gave a rat's olson about our soldiers.
Meanwhile, he has repeatedly refused to provide proper medical care
for our wounded, deliberately sent them into harm's way against a non-
aggressor nation and cut veterans' benefits.

Worse, this administration has unilaterally tromped on the civil
rights of American citizens which the troops are trying to protect.
Far, far worse than that, the Bush administration engages in
torture of prisoners, thereby justifying in the eyes of the rest of
the world the same kind of abuse toward our soldiers when they
are captured.

This Administration, the worst since Caligula, has destroyed our
economy, squandered our nation's assets, killed and maimed
countless thousands of American soldiers (not to mention
well over 100,000 Iraqi civilians) and ruined relations with almost
every one of our former allies.

George W. Bush and his criminal cronies have empowered Al Queda
and other terrorist groups by infuriating the Arab world.  As a result
of Bush's arrogance, we are almost certain to sustain a nuclear attack
in our own lifetime.  Meanwhile, Americans are unsafe all over the
world (well, maybe everywhere except Brazil:)) because Bush has
fueled the fires of extremist Muslim rage with his idiotic "war on terror."

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics