Re: Andersen 400 Series Security contacts

I wouldn't ever use a spade bit on an expensive window...infact I've stopped
using 3/8" spade bits for press fit contacts altogether...no matter how
careful you are the hole is always slightly too big for the switch.

I like the split tip or the split brad point bits the best. I use the spades
for rough work and big ship augers for new construction rough-ins.

--

Rob Giordano
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage