Re: Andersen 400 Series Security contacts

No doesn't help, makes it harder for you if you want to do tops and
bottoms...you'll have to use recessed contacts...run wires to top and
bottom...not hit any internal mechanisms...get switch/contact alignments
just right so you don't have falses (which you will if the client leaves the
window unlatched and the top window slides down.

Anderson Types...moderate nightmare
Anderson Types Double Hung...shoot yourself then quadruple your labor
charge.

Have fun man...sheesh I hate dem things.

Oh yeah...buy new drill bits, don't use old bits.

<k_fern2002@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| On Aug 5, 11:15 pm, "Crash Gordon" <webmas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| wrote:
| > They're all freekin' slightly different...depends on construction of the
| > house. I musta don't 20 houses since Jan 1 with Anderson's or Anderson
type
| > windows and every house was different. In fact, due to construction,
within
| > the SAME house there where windows I had to do differently than others.
| >
| > For this reason we charge more for homes with those types of windows. A
| > normal window (out here at least) takes 3-5 minutes to install a contact
| > with Andersons/Pellas/etc...that jumps to 5-20 mins a window sometimes.
The
| > last one I did 19 windows in 4 hours and that was with my son on the
inside
| > while I worked from the outside which cut the install time considerably.
| >
| > <k_fern2...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

| > |I followed trails of rants regarding an old howto that showed how to
| > | protect Andersen 400 series windows with security contacts but wasnt
| > | able to find the doc. Does anybody have the howto handy. I have about
| > | 15 to secure.
| > |
| > | Thanks,
| > |