Re: Per Hour Charge

"alarman" <alarman2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:bYJQg.79$rS.20@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Everywhere Man" <alarminstall@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> $75? That's my hourly travel rate. $95 for labor during normal business
>> hours. 90% of my clients have the p&l warranty. $350.00 per hour for
>> both after hours. 1 hour minimum on each. It seems to convince clients
>> that service calls during normal hours is a better choice.
>> There's no reason for YOU not to charge more than me especially since
>> unlike me you actually know what you're doing :-)
>
> Man, I'd love to tell people $350 after hours. "Uh, no I work til 5, then
> I have to pick up little Jimmy, and then.... could you come over at about
> 7?"
> Yeah, right.
>
> Maybe I'll try it your way the next time one of my deadbeats calls cuz he
> can't set the alarm and, "oh, yes, I have checked to see that all the
> windows are closed..."
> js

I get $75 in Yuma and clients who want quality work and are willing to pay
for it are relieved when they hear my rates.  You may have more cut rate
competitors, but even so you are in a higher price market in SD.  Fuel is
higher.  Insurance is higher.  Housing is higher.  You should certainly be
able get paid more than $75 in SD.

Of course that depends on the client and the job.  A small alarm install can
pay a little less because of the RMR, but you have to seriously understand
that a couple hundred bucks in RMR won't make up for a thousand dollar
reduction in the installation of a system.  You have got to get paid.

They cheap equipment throw it in video guys are hurting some of my video
sales, but my industrial clients won't even talk to those guys.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River