Per Hour Charge

I'm curious as to the average "per hour" charge on a CCTV install?  Is it by
the individual job or is it by the complexity, etc.?

Is that a legitimate question to ask an installer, "How much do you charge
per hour?", or is that just too open ended a question.

My reasons for asking are for my own knowledge.  After internet searches on
most "per hour" occupations, this one shows up as anywhere from $15 to $40
per hour.  Is that about average for an installer?

Is there a different charge just to run cable?

Thanks

rqo