Re: Per Hour Charge

alarman wrote:
> "rqo" <safetyo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > I'm curious as to the average "per hour" charge on a CCTV install?  Is it
> > by the individual job or is it by the complexity, etc.?
> >
> > Is that a legitimate question to ask an installer, "How much do you charge
> > per hour?", or is that just too open ended a question.
> >
> > My reasons for asking are for my own knowledge.  After internet searches
> > on most "per hour" occupations, this one shows up as anywhere from $15 to
> > $40 per hour.  Is that about average for an installer?
> >
> > Is there a different charge just to run cable?
>
> I am at $75, and thinking about raising it.
> js <

$75? That's my hourly travel rate. $95 for labor during normal business
hours. 90% of my clients have the p&l warranty. $350.00 per hour for
both after hours. 1 hour minimum on each. It seems to convince clients
that service calls during normal hours is a better choice.
There's no reason for YOU not to charge more than me especially since
unlike me you actually know what you're doing :-)

Doug Rader/Robert bAss
Man alive that still has me spooked