Re: Per Hour Charge

>>> $75? That's my hourly travel rate. $95 for labor during normal business
>> hours. 90% of my clients have the p&l warranty. $350.00 per hour for
>> both after hours. 1 hour minimum on each. It seems to convince clients
>> that service calls during normal hours is a better choice.
>> There's no reason for YOU not to charge more than me especially since
>> unlike me you actually know what you're doing :-)
>
> Man, I'd love to tell people $350 after hours. "Uh, no I work til 5, then
> I have to pick up little Jimmy, and then.... could you come over at about
> 7?"
> Yeah, right.
>
> Maybe I'll try it your way the next time one of my deadbeats calls cuz he
> can't set the alarm and, "oh, yes, I have checked to see that all the
> windows are closed..."

When i ran my installation/svc co, I offered "regular" hours of 10 am to 7
pm. That way, I avoided rush-hour traffic, and the customer had the option
of after-work hours for normal svc & prices. They appreciated the effort,
and since they were putting food in the fridge, it was the least I could do
for them.