Re: Per Hour Charge

Well...why not?
Lookit how ADT "sells" they're high priced monitoring with QSP service:

Without QSP:

" Labor - $175 plus **
  a.. Traveling to Your Home
  b.. Finding the Problem
  c.. Repairing the Problem
Materials - $3.00 to $100.00 or more

The single * applies to clients WITH QSP, I can't find what the double **
relates to.

*For covered services only. Valid only on certain systems which are in good
working condition. Exclusively for systems monitored by ADT and for
customers in good standing. Also, if you have a service problem not covered
by the Limited Warranty you will receive a discount with QSP. QSP repairs
will be made Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Repairs made at
other times will incur additional charges. Costs for services without QSP
are based on an average.

Quality Service Plan (QSP)/Extended Limited Warranty. During the period you
elect to receive Extended Limited Warranty we will repair or, at our option,
replace any defective part of the system, including wiring, and will make
any needed mechanical adjustments, all at no charge to you. We will use new
or functionally operative parts for replacements. This Extended Limited
Warranty is for our benefit only, and may not be enforced by any other
person. This Extended Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights. This
Extended Limited Warranty will go into effect upon the start on your next
billing cycle. For service call 1-800-ADT-ASAP (1-800-238-2727). The
Extended Limited Warranty will automatically renew for successive thirty
(30) day terms at our then current Extended Limited Warranty rate unless
terminated by either party?s written notice at least thirty (30) days before
the end of the then-current term. If you purchase the Extended Limited
Warranty after the initial system installation, your system must be in good
working condition at the time of the Extended Limited Warranty purchase.

Warranty Exclusions. We perform Extended Limited Warranty services only
during our normal working hours. IF YOU REQUEST US TO PERFORM EXTENDED
LIMITED WARRANTY SERVICES OUTSIDE OUR NORMAL WORKING HOURS, YOU WILL BE
REQUIRED TO PAY US FOR THE SERVICES AT OUR THEN APPLICABLE RATES FOR LABOR
AND PARTS. THE EXTENDED LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY IF WE DETERMINE UPON
INSPECTION THAT ANY OF THE FOLLOWING OCNDITIONS CAUSED THE NEED FOR SERVICE:
A. Damage resulting from accidents, Acts of God, alterations or misuse: B.
You fail to properly close or secure a door, window or other point protected
by an alarm device, C. You fail to properly follow the operating
instruction; D. Trouble in a telephone line or due to interruption of power;
E. Repairs needed to window foil, security screens, exterior mounted devices
or PROM (Programmable Read Only Memory), batteries; F. Ordinary maintenance
or wear and tear; G. Alterations to your premises; or H. Alterations to the
system made at your request, or made necessary by a change to your premises,
damage to your premises or the alarm system, or for any other cause beyond
our control. You must furnish the necessary electrical power through your
meter at your expense to obtain warranty services."