Re: Why?

news:45135982$0$25779$815e3792@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> It would never work though
>
> We're never there when the door guys screw us. I used to buy a 3/8 drill
> bit
> and tie it to the front door contact wire with a note for the door
> installers...please use the brand new drill bit to drill holes for us -
> keep
> the bit when your done. We'd still find holes drilled with a dull
> screwdriver tip. Idiots.
>
> I ended up drill a parallel 3/4" hole with a Forstner bit up a few inches
> then carefully angling towards the wire, fish it over, then install a 3/4
> incher. What a pain though! The foam shit kept heating up and turning to
> mush around the bit.

I leave 4-5 accordion bends of wire above the header or if its a hollow
header I leave a lot of slack inside the header.  MOST of the time when
something strange happens I can pull down on the wire and break it loose
from the foam.  Of course when the door guys drill the jamb in a different
place than my hle through the header all bets are off.  I also do not
hesitate to pop the casing off and leave it for their finish guys to go back
and fix when they do somethign stupid.  I only work with a couple generals
on new housing construction, and I make it clear I do better wortk than
others doing htis sort of thing.  If they make my work unprofitable I am
clear I just won't work for them.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River