Re: Why?

You could try sliding a short length of 3/8" copper pipe over the wire and
through the jamb into the header at prewire time, when installing the
contacts after the insulation guy has done his thing, you should be able to
remove the pipe with some needle nose pliers and install the contact.

I say could and should because I have never tried this, but it was something
I thought of years ago when I was having the same problem with residential
prewires, I solved the problem by giving up on residential prewires.

Doug