Re: Why?

It would never work though

We're never there when the door guys screw us. I used to buy a 3/8 drill bit
and tie it to the front door contact wire with a note for the door
installers...please use the brand new drill bit to drill holes for us - keep
the bit when your done. We'd still find holes drilled with a dull
screwdriver tip. Idiots.

I ended up drill a parallel 3/4" hole with a Forstner bit up a few inches
then carefully angling towards the wire, fish it over, then install a 3/4
incher. What a pain though! The foam shit kept heating up and turning to
mush around the bit.