Re: Let's say I break into your house 9, was: Good news for US -- Secure Fence Act of 2006

"news.comcast.net" <acoutinhobass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Bill Maher is one of those bitter unfunny people who thinks they are
> > comedians, his previous show failed in the ratings...
>
> Wrong.  His previous show failed because cowardly sponsors pulled their
> when he said something that offended them.

It helps when you don't cut what I said

"Bill Maher is one of those bitter unfunny people who thinks they are
comedians, his previous show failed in the ratings and the fact he made some
moronic statements. "

While his show previously did have decent ratings it was quickly tanking
before he made his statements

> > HBO is about the only forum who will have him these days...
>
> HBO is the ideal venue for somone who refuses to pull any punches.  Maher
> isn't afraid to poke fun at Democrats and Republicans alike.  It's just
that
> the Republicans have been giving him so much more material lately.

And of course since he's an extremely liberal democrat

> > which isn't saying much. my only  problem is figuring out who the other
2
> > viewers are, no doubt relatives of yours...
>
> A little info from HBO:
> Bill Maher is one of the most politically astute comedians in America
today.
> His unflinching honesty and commitment to never pulling a punch have
> garnered him the respect and admiration of millions of fans. In 2003,
Maher
> launched a new show, "Real Time with Bill Maher," on HBO, a network that's
> perfect fit for his irreverent style. The hour-long show airs live at
> 11:00PM on Friday nights.

Figures coming from HBO, they should stick to movies

> "Real Time with Bill Maher" has received multiple Emmy nominations as well
> as nominations from the Writers' Guild of America and Producers' Guild of
> America.

Big woo, it's harder naming shows that HAVEN'T won an Emmy than have

> Some of the outstanding guests who have appeared on the show
> include George Clooney, Howard Dean, Michael Moore, Robin Williams, Drew
> Barrymore, Bradley Whitford, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Gen. Wesley Clark, Susan
> Sarandon, Kevin Costner, Gary Hart, Pat Buchanan, Ben Affleck, John
Edwards
> and George Carlin. Each week, Bill's hilarious opening monologue, incisive
> interviews and stimulating panel discussion, as well as his extremely
> popular "New Rules" segment, serve to wrap up the week's most important
> events in a way that makes you think, as well as laugh.

Hey try naming a right-winger in that group, fact is Bill can't make it on
anything but networks like HBO that don't have the same ratings scheme as a
normal network. He'd fail just like Air America

> Maher's credits include five HBO specials, including the critically
> acclaimed "Bill Maher: Be More Cynical" and most recently, the Emmy
> nominated "I'm Swiss." Maher has participated in sold-out comedy tours
> throughout the United States. He received a Tony nomination for the
> three-week run of his one-man Broadway Show, "Victory Begins at Home."

Yea he sure is a funny guy

http://thesuperficial.com/2006/10/bill_maher_makes_fun_of_the_de.html