Re: Let's say I break into your house 9, was: Good news for US -- Secure Fence Act of 2006

> Bill Maher is one of those bitter unfunny people who thinks they are
> comedians, his previous show failed in the ratings...

Wrong.  His previous show failed because cowardly sponsors pulled their ads
when he said something that offended them.

> HBO is about the only forum who will have him these days...

HBO is the ideal venue for somone who refuses to pull any punches.  Maher
isn't afraid to poke fun at Democrats and Republicans alike.  It's just that
the Republicans have been giving him so much more material lately.

> which isn't saying much. my only  problem is figuring out who the other 2
> viewers are, no doubt relatives of yours...

A little info from HBO:
Bill Maher is one of the most politically astute comedians in America today.
His unflinching honesty and commitment to never pulling a punch have
garnered him the respect and admiration of millions of fans. In 2003, Maher
launched a new show, "Real Time with Bill Maher," on HBO, a network that's a
perfect fit for his irreverent style. The hour-long show airs live at
11:00PM on Friday nights.
"Real Time with Bill Maher" has received multiple Emmy nominations as well
as nominations from the Writers' Guild of America and Producers' Guild of
America. Some of the outstanding guests who have appeared on the show
include George Clooney, Howard Dean, Michael Moore, Robin Williams, Drew
Barrymore, Bradley Whitford, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Gen. Wesley Clark, Susan
Sarandon, Kevin Costner, Gary Hart, Pat Buchanan, Ben Affleck, John Edwards
and George Carlin. Each week, Bill's hilarious opening monologue, incisive
interviews and stimulating panel discussion, as well as his extremely
popular "New Rules" segment, serve to wrap up the week's most important
events in a way that makes you think, as well as laugh.

The "New Rules" segment proved so popular, that Bill adapted it into a book,
New Rules: Polite Musings from a Timid Observer. The book spent nearly three
months on The New York Times Best Sellers List. The book will be released in
paperback on September 5th. Some of the best "New Rules" have been put
together and are currently available on DVD.

Bill most recently hosted "Amazon Fishbowl with Bill Maher," a 30-minute
program featuring live performances by renowned musicians and
thought-provoking interviews with authors, directors and actors that was
shown on the Amazon.com homepage.

In 1993, Maher created "Politically Incorrect." On Comedy Central, Maher
brought together some of the most interesting politicians, entertainers, and
journalists to participate in some of the most controversial, topical and
comical discussions. Winners of four CableACE Awards combined, Maher and his
program grew in popularity year to year, eventually catching the attention
in 1997 of ABC and capturing the post-"Nightline" time slot. A cutting edge
contender of provocative late night television, "Politically Incorrect"
survived for five years on ABC and concluded its final run in July 2002.
"Politically Incorrect" received a total of 18 Emmy nominations since 1995.

Maher, inspired by the show's success, assembled some of "PI's" most
memorable highlights in his book, Does Anybody Have a Problem With That?
Politically Incorrect's Greatest Hits.

Maher's book, When you ride ALONE you ride with bin Laden, was released in
2002. The book is a useful and hilarious guide for the many Americans who
want to help the war effort, but are at a loss as to how. A combination of
33 new posters, as well as several classics from our government's archives,
and text by Maher, help Americans make the connections between what we do
and how it can help our troops and ourselves. In conjunction with the book's
release, Maher went on a nationwide stand-up tour and drew standing ovations
for his hilarious routine which utilized the posters from the book to
illustrate his commentary.

Maher's credits include five HBO specials, including the critically
acclaimed "Bill Maher: Be More Cynical" and most recently, the Emmy
nominated "I'm Swiss." Maher has participated in sold-out comedy tours
throughout the United States. He received a Tony nomination for the
three-week run of his one-man Broadway Show, "Victory Begins at Home."