Re: EMERGENCY HELP

Matt,

I do need the alarm monitoring system as a backup and as a possible
deterrent. If I use three IP cameras, how much bandwidth internet
connection do you think I will need if I use the DVR you suggested on
videoinsight.net. My brother has 1.5Mbps DSL but he usually gets around
800Kbps - 1MBps and I will be getting Comcast most likely 3Mbps or
6Mbps. Is it better to upgrade to more bandwidth on my brothers
connection since thats where the DVR will be. Would I be able to use
the DVR on videoinsight.net to record at BOTH my apartment and my
brothers place simultaneously. If IP cameras are better than CCTV
cameras I dont mind shelling out an extra hundred bucks for each
camera.

I already have a DLINK broadband 108Mbps wireless router with 4 ports
on it. If wireless IP cameras are more expensive I will go for wired
ones. Will there be any difference in the quality of recording between
wired and wireless IP cameras. If itis too much work for me, I will use
a local professional to set up the whole camera system. Let me know if
you know of any good techs in SantaClara county, Sunnyvale, CA area.