Re: Ademco Panels?

Every manufacturer has it's pros & cons. Ademco just leads the way when it
comes to providing innovative products 10 years after everyone else has done
so. I have been watching Ademco for over 20 years. It hasn't been pretty.
The ITI patent scandal was just a small part of what I have seen them do.
Even their original 100 series panels were "borrowed" from someone else's
hard work & sweat...again nothing new there.

Ademco wireless is excellent, they offer a wide range of sensors, and they
have a pretty solid panel line. Their unfair pricing & restricted
distribution channels are another story. It pisses me off when a
manufacturer distributes their own products, which then creates unfair trade
& selling practices. But then again, that's Ademco for you. Ademco is more
than willing to sell direct to your customers, even though they have no
"required" alarm license on file. Ademco is famous for shooting themselves
in the foot with backdoor sales to local & government agencies, which they
forgot originally came from their dealers.

About 5 years ago, I received an order from a government agency for 1000
panic buttons. I made the mistake of placing the name of the buyer on the
PO. One week later, my order gets cancelled. Then I find out from the person
I know from the government agency that Ademco sold the panic buttons direct
to them for 30 percent less than my cost...real nice eh?

Ademco has even hired a couple of surplus distributors with truckloads of
parts to sell off on eBay, instead of offering a good discount to their
dealers. Of course they will never admit to it, but a few regulars here in
ASA have seen this for themselves. I scatch my head and try to figure out
why Ademco allows its surplus distributors to sell 5816 transmitters on ebay
for $15-18 each, when they turn around and sell it to their remaining
faithful dealers for $24+ each...

I stopped buying all products from ADI because of their BS pricing
structures. I now enjoy 50-75 percent discounts everyday, with no minimum
purchase orders, because I buy all my alarm products online.

Jim Rojas