Re: EMERGENCY HELP

Matt

Thanks for the kind response. I wont be watching it all the time on the
internet. I just need the system to record it somewhere else also apart
from  my own apartment when somebody enters my studio apartment (13X17
room with one entrance door and one 6ftX8ft window) when I am not home.
I want to capture a clear picture and video of the face of the
intruders so I can use it in court if the need arises. I will try to
shop around in the next couple of days and find somebody who can do the
alarm system for 20-25 per month. How many video cameras do you think I
need for a studio size of 13ft X 17ft. Do I need a DVR or can I use an
existing computer with some RECORDING SOFTWARE that can capture the
video feed on the internet. Both me and my brother have DLINK broadband
wireless routers one is 108Mbps and the other is 54Mbps. Which brand IP
cameras with what features do you suggest. Can I use my DLINK broadbnad
router with 4 ports as a switch for the cameras ?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of IP cameras compared to
regular CCTV cameras ? (not sure if it is stupid question).