Re: EMERGENCY HELP

There are plenty of people here who I'm sure would be glad to give you
advice, harry, but as others have noted, you really need to understand
what kind of price you're looking at and then decide if you really want
to go ahead with it before we invest all that time and effort.

Thing is, you sound like you want a pretty serious setup, and some
pretty good quality... and that doesn't come cheap.  You can easily
drop $300+ *per camera* just for a "entry-pro-level" 1/3" CCD camera
and a basic 3.5-8mm vari-focal lens... and prices go up from there. A
PC-based DVR with remote internet access will start around $2500 (I'm
talking in Canadian dollars mind you) and ramp up sharply from there;
something with remote recording, you could look at a Capture or Vigil
system for closer to $5k.

Or you could consider all IP cameras, and tack another $100 on for each
one, but then each one is remote-addressable.  Or go really high-end
with some nice PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) cameras for a couple grand a pop.

As many others have noted, the discussion can't really go anywhere
without knowing what kind of budget range you're looking at... or even
IF you still want to do it given this information.