Re: Installalation Tips and Tools

Solid core is fine if the tech knows what he is doing.  One of the
biggest problems with solid wire I have seen is stripping the wire with
a cutting type stripper and nicking the wire and then you get a close
intermittent break in the wire.

One the other hand stranded wire is less problem prone since it takes
more effort to nick all the strands and overall more flexible.  The
danger here is that you have to use a spade or crimped connector on the
end (or tin the end) so that no loose strands touch a neighboring
terminal on the panel.

BobbD