Re: Installalation Tips and Tools

>I can remember my first tech tip way back in junior high school electric
>shop.  It was wrapping a stripped wire properly around a screw terminal.
>An old time shop teacher that made sure we had good basic install skills.
>A very nice and basic tip.  While this seems obvious to many of us techs,
>you would be surprised how many wires I see wrapped the wrong way.

I like to use stranded cable for transformers.  It doesn't break like solid
core cable can if the wire is flexed a bunch of times.  Also, if I have some
in the tool kit I crimp spade lugs on the wires rather than wrap bare wires
around the screw terminals.  This isn't entirely necessary but it makes a
good, solid connection and there's no chance of a stray strand shorting the
adjacent terminal.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass