Re: Installalation Tips and Tools

bdolph wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am considering an upcoming article on installation tips and tools.  If
> anyone in the group here has any good tips you would like to pass on to
> the group I will be glad to reference you if it goes to print.
>
> Did anyone catch the installation fishing contest at the last ISC West?
> It was put on by B.E.S. and the Training Dept.  Some pretty fierce
> competition and the winners beat the others by hundredths of a  second.
>
> Bob
>
> Bob Dolph
> Product & Training Consultant  http://www.bobdolph.com
>
> "Tech Talk" Security Sales & Integration Magazine
> http://www.securitysales.com/t_ci_articleView.cfm?ttbd=1923

Hi Bob,

Here's a few that I've mentioned here before and maybe they're well
known .... or not. Use them if you find them useful

When caulking, instead of getting it all over your fingers trying to
smooth out a bead you've just laid down, mix a little bit of soap in a
cup of water. Wet your fingers with the soapy water and the caulk wont
stick to your fingers.

In the winter time, after the tube of caulk has sat in the van all
night, trying to get the caulk soft enough to work with, can take some
time. If there's a microwave oven on the site, loosen or take the cap
off the tube, put the tube on a paper towel (just in case) and "cook"
it for 15 second intervals until it's soft enough to work with. If
you're going to need it throughout the rest of the day, carry the tube
in your front pocket. Body heat will keep it at just the right
consistancy.