Re: Bob LaLonde and/or Bob Campbell

There's more to a good motorcycle than the ability to leave everything in
its path. The Burgman is a balanced, fun to drive, reasonably powerful
machine that offers superb weather protection and is lots of fun to drive. I
have driven it and it's more like the bike I'll get one day when I no longer
have the physical strength to muscle my Nomad around.

Both the bikes below are crotch rockets, good mainly for stop light to stop
light driving and geared towards the squib crowd. Driving that style of bike
forces you to assume the driving postion of an elephant trying to screw a
golfball !! Both would run circles around the Burgman (and my 1500 cc Nomad)
but neither would allow the driver to handle a 1000 mile day in comfort.

You gotta choose the best bike for your riding style. Most motorcycle
drivers scoff at the current crowd of scooters, but ones like the Burgman
and the Honda Silverwing are a definate breed of their own. Their only
limitations as you say are the smaller wheels and limited suspension
compared to most any motorcycle.....

PS: My bet is he DID dust the Harley...

RHC