Re: smoke detector wiring

You took part of James response out of context, while he stated that you
would only need one reversing relay to activate the sounders, he also
clearly stated that you would still need a supervision relay for each zone.

The complete text of his reponse is quoted  below

"You only need one RRS module on the smoke detector power wires.  Even
though
you have zoned out the smokes they will all use the same power source so 1
relay is good.  You will need one end of line supervision relay for each
zone (18) of them.  The reversal relay should be wired to a fire alarm
bell/siren output.  I would not use the sounders in the smoke detectors for
burglary, although it is possible. James B"

Doug L