Re: Need to disable sensor (Paradox Spectra 175x-RF)

> I don't use printed contracts (I hate handwritten entries) I generate each
> contract from the computer all nice an neat..only handwriting on them are
> signatures. I also hate the feel of NCR paper...I'm phobic I guess.

A friendly competitor gave me a copy of his installation and monitoring
contracts many years ago.  I made a few changes to comply with state and federal
guidelines (3-day right of rescission, etc.) and handed it to an attorney who
had done work for several other alarm companies in my area.  He said it was fair
but comprehensive and that it should hold up if someone tried to challenge it.

I first had it printed on bound, legal-size paper with carbons.  That was OK but
carbon paper makes a mess so eventually I reprinted it on 3-part NCR paper.  The
contract stood unchallenged for over 20 years so I guess it was effective.

> I wrote my own contract and had it reviewed by my attorney...he said he
> wouldn't sign it so I guess it's good enough :-))

When I started offering monitoring services via online sales I tried using
mailed contracts.  That was a royal PITJ.  After a while I got the contract
central station's contract sent to me as an ASCII text file.  I input that to an
MSW doc, added tons of fields for customer, premises, authorities and heyholder
data and converted the whole shebang to a PDF -- complete with online digital
signatures.  The CS had their attorney look at it and he said it was fine.  I
used that for a few years until I decided to stop offering monitoring services.

Whatever works for you, right?

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.